This recipe really meets all the requirements for recipe selection:
Its so easy
Its ultra cheap
$8.93:1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
+$0.99: 1.5 tbsp taco seasoning
+$0.27: 1 jalapeno, seeded & sliced
+$2.39: 1 16oz jar of salsa
+$0.55: 1 yellow onion, chopped:
+$2.69: Bibb lettuce
+$0.99: 1 avocado
=$16.81 for 6 servings or $2.80 per serving!
- Crock Pot (if you don’t already have one, trust me, its worth the money)
1. Cover chicken in taco seasoning and place in bottom of crock pot
2. Chop up onions and slice jalapeno. Place on top of chicken.
3. Pour salsa on top.
4. Put lid on crock pot and cook for 4-5 hours on low.
5. After 4-5 hours, take out chicken and shred with 2 forks. You know chicken is done when it easily shreds.
6. Wrap chicken up in bibb lettuce, top with avocado and enjoy!